Pikes Peak United Way Announces New CEO
After an extensive four-month nationwide search, Pikes Peak United Way announced May 15th that its Board of Trustees has selected Jason Wood as its next Chief Executive Officer, succeeding JD Dallager upon his retirement in June. Working closely with Dallager prior to his departure, Wood will formally assume the position of President and CEO on July 1. Read the full press release for more information.
Past Press Releases:
Waldo Canyon Fire News
- Waldo Canyon Fire Assistance Fund Interim Report
- PPUW Announces Third Round of Waldo Canyon Fire Assistance Fund Allocations (October 31, 2012)
- Waldo Canyon Fire Assistance Fund - Announces New Round of Allocations (October 11, 2012)
- Pikes Peak United Way Announces First Round of Allocations from Waldo Canyon Fire Assistance Fund. (August 30, 2012)
- PPUW Announces Grant Submittal Process for Waldo Canyon Fire Victim Assistance Fund. (July 18, 2012)
- PPUW Announces Financial Update and Proposed Structure for the Waldo Canyon Fire Victim Assistance Fund. (July 11, 2012)
- Waldo Canyon Fire Victim Assistance Fund Surpasses the $535,000 Mark. (July 6, 2012)
- A Community Rises: July 4 Wildfire Relief Benefit Concert at World Arena. (July 6, 2012)
Pikes Peak United Way CEO/President JD Dallager Announces Plan to Retire (December 7, 2012)
Speakers Bureau Training
Individuals wishing to join the PPUW Speakers Bureau must attend one of two available trainings in order to participate. Please visit www.ppunitedway.org/speakers for more info.
- Friday August 10, 2012 @ 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Pikes Peak United Way
- 518 N Nevada Ave Colorado Springs, CO 80903
- Morgan Beach
- Phone: 719-955-0755
It’s that time of year again when Pikes Peak United Way begins looking for volunteers from our partner agencies to help in addressing donors, volunteers, corporate and community leaders as part of our Speakers Bureau.
In 2011, Pikes Peak United Way campaign staff made over 250 presentations at companies in the region. The Speakers Bureau is a program designed to provide our companies with access to the touching stories and fantastic work of our partner agencies. During campaign meetings, typically held August through November, a speaker can demonstrate how supporting Pikes Peak United Way, and particularly our Community Fund and partner agencies, can change lives by improving the overall condition of our community, as well as illustrate how contributions to Pikes Peak United Way campaigns have made a lasting impression on individual lives in our community.
All speakers are required to attend one speaker’s training session either on Friday, August 3rd from 3:00pm-5:00pm OR Monday, August 6th from 8:00am-10:00am before they are eligible to present. At this training session, we will introduce the all new campaign messaging for this year’s campaign as well as a brief presentation on elements of an effective, persuasive speech. Training will be held in the Pikes Peak United Way Community Room at 518 North Nevada Avenue, Colorado Springs, CO 80903.
Please mark this date on your calendar and return the form by Friday, July 27th, 2011. Thank you so much for your participation with Pikes Peak United Way!
Please visit www.ppunitedway.org/speakers to access registration and RSVP.